- Collect, compare and analyze findings of the TransCrisis projects
- Offer a final assessment of crisis management capacities in the EU
- Complete the crisis management capital index
- Formulate prescriptions for practitioners
- Validate findings and formulate suggestions for further research
Transboundary crises make up the ‘new normal’ that the EU faces today and in the future. The world of crisis is increasingly transboundary in nature. This project brings together the empirical findings from the research-based projects. It will develop a comprehensive overview of the key resources and challenges that emerge from the findings of the different projects. This project completes the crisis management capital index developed in Project 1. This will facilitate a sustainable instrument to survey the capacities of EU governance for future research. The project formulates prescriptions for practitioners, which have been validated by our experts and be published in a White Paper. It also offers suggestions (aimed at academics and the Commission) for further research.
Theme co-ordinator: Arjen Boin, Crisisplan